Call Us Now :
Usually, printers come with their own printer drivers which are necessary and essential for the functioning of it. The printer drivers in most cases, need to be installed using the CD that comes with the product.
However, it could be lost or broken over a period of time. Thus, you may be wondering if Epson Stylus NX420 could be installed without a CD. Well yes, you surely can.
And that is what we will be discussing in this article. Here, we will show you how Epson Stylus NX420 is installed without its CD.
This article will also help you to install the printer driver if your system does not have a CD drive.
How to Install Epson Stylus NX420 without CD
Ordinarily, Epson Stylus NX420 can be installed without a CD in various ways. You can either install it through Windows operating system or through the internet. Thus, you can try one or all of the following solutions to install the printer driver.
Solution 1 – Add a Printer Manually
This is the most standard way to install Epson Stylus NX420 without a CD. In addition, it is easy to follow as well.
- Press the Windows logo button to open the Start menu. Next, type ‘Printers’ and select ‘Printers & Scanners’.
- Afterward, select ‘Add a printer or scanner’. Here, you have to connect the printer to your computer if it is not already connected.
- Next, follow the directions appearing on the screen to install the driver. Finally, print a test page to see if it’s working.
Solution 2 – Add a Printer Wirelessly
Apart from the previous method, you can also install the printer without cables. Follow these steps to setup epson stylus nx420 wirelessly.
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows logo key. Again, type ‘Printers’ and open ‘Printers & scanners’.
- Now, select ‘Add a printer or scanner’ but choose the network option. Make sure your printer’s wireless connection is turned on.
- Finally, search and connect to your printer. Follow the instructions and the driver should be installed. Subsequently, print a test page to confirm the installation.
Solution 3 – Local Printer Driver Installation
Generally, Windows can automatically install any device driver. However, there is a way to manually install it as well. In comparison to the previous solutions, you can manually select the exact printer driver you need for your printer.
You can do this by following the instructions mentioned below.
- First, connect the printer to the computer and wait for a few seconds. Subsequently, you will see an error message saying that the driver was not installed.
- Now, press the Windows logo button and the letter ‘R’ at the same time. Here, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press enter.
- In the Device Manager window, you will see a list of all installed drivers. You can find the undetected printer under ‘Other Devices’. Right-click on it and select ‘Update Driver’.
- Next, you will see an option called ‘Let me pick from a list…’ at the bottom. Simply click on it. Here, you can find all the pre-installed printer drivers available within Windows itself.
- Choose your brand and model of the printer and follow the instructions. Next, install the driver and print a test page. Go to the next solution if you cannot find your model.
Solution 4 – Printer Driver Download
Finally, this solution is the best way to install Epson Stylus NX420 without a CD. Furthermore, you will be able to install the latest version of the printer driver as well. Follow these steps to install the driver using the internet.
- Open a browser and go to the official website of Epson. Here, enter your printer’s model name and search for Driver and Downloads.
- Next, select your Windows version and system type. You can check your system type by running the ‘systeminfo’ command in a command prompt. The x64 is for 64 bit systems while x86 is for 32 bit systems.
- Subsequently, run the installed tool as an administrator. Make sure to connect your printer with your computer system.
- Next, follow the instructions and install the driver on your system.
- Finally, you need to reboot your system. Print a test page to check if you’ve successfully set up your printer.
Following the above guidelines, you should have no problem installing Epson Stylus NX420 without a CD. You can share additional information or post your queries in the comments section below.