Call Us Now :
A printer is a device that helps any user to get a hard copy of something which is present on the computer screen. There are different types of printers available in the market, such as a laser, dot matrix, inkjet printer, etc. Many different companies make all these varieties of printers like Canon, Epson, Xerox, etc. All the printers from these different companies have unique features and can do something else that is distinct from the one another. However, to utilise the benefits of the device, you need to reinstall printer driver at times. In this article, you will get the reasons along with the procedure for it.
Why Do You Need To Reinstall Printer Driver
In this section, we have discussed the reasons why there is a requirement for you to install the driver of a printer in the first place. When the printer driver gets corrupted due to some reason, then you can reinstall it. If the installation of the driver is not done properly, then even you have to reinstall it. In the section that follows, you will get the steps that will tell you how to reinstall printer driver.
How To Reinstall Printer Driver At Ease
This section of the article will provide you with the various steps that will help you to know the procedure to reinstall printer driver.
From Settings Remove The Printer Driver
- First, tap on the combination of ‘Windows Logo + I’ keys simultaneously to launch the ‘Settings’ window.
- Next, within the ‘Settings’ window, locate and then tap on the category ‘Devices’. After that, in the new window, go to the left pane and under the heading ‘Devices’, choose the ‘Printers & Scanners’ option.
- Now, in the window with the heading ‘Printers & Scanners’, go to the section ‘Related settings’. Under that heading, choose a link ‘Print server properties’. You get a window that has the same name.
- In that window, tap on the tab ‘Drivers’. Then, under that tab find the button ‘Change Driver Settings’ present at the bottom of the window, but above the ‘OK’ button.
- After that, in that window only, you will get the list of drivers for the printer present on your system. Choose the one you wish to remove. Then, tap on the ‘Remove’ button.
- You will get to see a message box with the heading ‘Remove Driver And Package’. In that message box, you can either choose an option ‘Remove driver only.’ Or else, you can select the ‘Remove driver and driver package.’ option. After you choose any one of the two, then tap on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, click on the button ‘Yes’ to confirm the delete process in the message box. Then, in the new dialog box hit the ‘Delete’ button and next ‘OK’ button.
- Finally, after the uninstallation is over tap on the ‘Close’ button on the Printer Server Properties window.
Steps To Install The Printer Driver Once Again
In order to install the driver of your printer after you have just uninstalled it, you will have to follow the steps below:
- First, using a USB cable plugin your printer to the computer, after that switch it on.
- Now, launch the ‘Settings’ application by pressing the combination of ‘Windows Logo + I’ keys altogether.
- In the ‘Settings’ application window, locate and tap on the ‘Devices’ category. Go to the left pane of the new window and under the ‘Devices’ heading, find and choose the option ‘Printers & Scanners’.
- Next, in the same window but within a new page that has a heading ‘Add printers & scanners’. Choose the option ‘Add a printer or scanner’ with a ‘+’ sign up front.
- When Windows find the printer that you want to add, then the name of that device shows up on the list with a heading ‘Add printers & scanners’. Therefore, you will only have to choose the name of that printer that is on the list, and then, follow the information on your screen to complete the process of installation.
- If your printer device does not get detected by Windows then, choose the link ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’. After that, allow the troubleshooter to search for the printer device and accordingly add the printer device.
Contact Us For Further Tech Assistance
You can contact our technicians of the Printer Support team for extensive services. We will help you to correct any problem related to printers. Now, if you are not able to reinstall printer driver by yourself, then do connect to us via our email ID, Printer Support Number [+1-855-971-2203 ] or Live Chat portal. We will fix any kind of issue have with the printer in an instant.