Call Us Now :
Printers are considered as an essential gadget in this digital world. From home use to office purposes, printers are used everywhere as an essential device. But sometimes printers show an error that interrupts the work badly. “Printer Not Activated Error Code 20” is one such issue that users are encountering too often. If you are also facing the same issue, then it is quite important to fix the problem. As a result, users are unable to update the latest version of the Operating System.
In case if you are also the one who is getting this error code, don’t get upset. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss several reasons and the most effective fixes related to this particular glitch. Hence, go through the entire article and find the useful one for you.
About Printer Not Activated Error Code 20?
Printer not activated error code 20 is that type of error code which you might face at the time of upgrading your device. The updated Operating System deletes the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software key from the Registry Settings. This error code also occurs at the time of receive or sending email to PDF. The popup message of “Error 20” is encountered by Quick books Software. This particular error code is very annoying for the users as well.
Reasons Behind Printer Not Activated Error Code 20?
If you are a printer user and upgraded the Operating System to the newest version and also using the Quick books software then you will get this glitch as well.
Missing Registry Key
The major reason that is most responsible for confronting this error code is a missing or corrupted registry file. In case if the registry key is not updated properly, then you might also face this error.
Incompatible PDF Driver
If you notice this error code and unable to save the invoice as PDF format, then it may be of the PDF driver for Quick books. The PDF may be incompatible with the updated version of Operating System you are using.
Multiple Version Of Quick books
If you have already installed various versions of Quick books in your device then there could be a chance of getting this error as well. But it is not such big fact to install multiple version of Quick books, because every version has their own directories.
Outdated Printer Driver
In case you are using an outdated printer driver, then there is a possibility of getting this error. Because an outdated driver does not allow you to work properly with your printer. So, it is recommended that as soon as possible you need to update the driver of the printer you are using.
Virus Or Malware Attack
Virus or malware play a major role in getting “Printer not activated error code 20.” If your system gets infected by a virus or contains malware, then you should remove them from your device as soon as possible. Otherwise, you might face some severe issue related to it.
Outdated Quick books Version
If you are using the outmoded version of Quick books itself then seldom the issue arises. So, keep in mind that you need to upgrade the Quick books when it gets outdated.
Effective Methods To Fix Printer Not Activated Error Code 20
Here are some troubleshooting measures using which you will surely get rid of the error code 20.
Method 1. Update The Printer Driver
The error of the printer can occur due to an incompatible or corrupted driver. Follow the steps and you will be able to solve the glitch easily:
- At first, open the Settings option.
- Then, select the Update and Security tab and choose the Windows Update option.
- Check if an update is available.
- If available then update it, next, visit the manufacturer website of your printer.
- Search for the most recent proper driver suitable for your printer.
- Select only those which are compatible with your device.
At the final stage, restart your device and check if the issue gets resolved or not. If not then follow the next method to kick out the glitch.
Method 2: Update The Windows System
Sometimes an old version of Windows is responsible for printers for not working properly. So, follow the steps to update your Windows latest version.
- At first, you need to open your device and navigate to the home screen. Then, with the help of the mouse, move to the Start icon and click on it.
- Next, type Update in the search bar and choose the Update icon by clicking on it.
- Check for update available for the Windows version.
- Install the available update if you have any. Now, reboot your device.
Finally, check if the error is still annoying you or get fixed.
Method 3: Repair The Registry Key
This is the basic method to fix the issue instantly. It the problem is related to registry key itself then solving this method will be helpful for you.
- At first, go to the Home screen.
- Then, tap on the Start option and type “Advanced Startup Options.”
- Choose the “Advanced Startup Options” that appears in the search box. You can see a general settings screen will open.
- You have to spot “Advanced Startup” on the right side of your screen.
- Tap on the option “Restart now.” The computer starts to restart in the advanced startup mode.
- Next, click on the option “Automatic Repair.” The computer starts to Reboot. Choose the Administrative account.
Interact With Our Experts For Instant Support
In case you find any difficulties regarding printer not activated error code 20, then don’t fret or lose hope. Share your queries through a call. Dial our toll-free helpline [+1-855-971-2203] and let the certified engineers help you with the proper fixes. Moreover, if you are getting a busy line, then you can also choose the live chat option. It is the most effective way to resolve your glitch instantly.
In addition, you can also email at our email address firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your requirements and our team will address it once they receive the service request. Always feel free to get in touch with us anytime as per your need.