Epson is among one of the several companies that manufactures printer devices, scanners, projectors etc. This company is very much popular for its printers. There are many varieties of printers available from this company, some of them are the laser, dot matrix, inkjet etc. Each and every type of printer devices have plenty of unique features and capabilities. Although the Epson printers come with advanced features, you may face occasional glitches. One such kind of error that you may encounter while using the printer device is Epson XP 400 not printing. In the next section, you will learn the reasons of this error along with the solutions.
Why Does Epson XP 400 Not Printing Issue Occurs
This section will provide you with the various reasons behind the occurrence of this issue.
- If the ink cartridge is not properly inserted or installed in your printer then you may encounter this error.
- When the Epson printer is not set as the default device then also you can face this issue.
- If some files waiting in the printing queue gets damaged somehow then there is a possibility to get this kind of glitch.
- When the driver of your printer has any kind of corruption, then also you can encounter this error.
In the following section, you will know how to solve this error.
Solutions To Resolve This Error
In this section, you will get various steps which will help you to solve the Epson XP 400 not printing error.
Inspect All The Connections Of Your Printer
- Take out the power cable from the wall socket and disconnect it from your computer. After a few minutes reconnect all the cable of the printer and switch it on.
- Always be sure to check if all the cables are connected properly or not. Directly connect the printer to the USB port of your computer and not through a USB hub.
- If the printer is not working then connect it to another USB ports present on the machine.
- You can also take a different USB cable and connect the printer with your PC and see if it works or not.
Make Your Epson Printer As A Default Printer
Sometimes if the printer is not set as the default printer on your machine then you can get this error. In order to set the Epson printer as a default one, follow these steps.
- First, right-click on the ‘Start’ menu. Then from the options list, choose the ‘Run’ option.
- In the ‘Run’ dialog box, beside ‘Open’ label type control panel on the text area. Next, tap on the key ‘Enter’ to launch the ‘Control Panel’ window.
- In that window, locate and choose the category ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Now, within a new page, under the section ‘Printers’ choose the Epson device and right-click on it.
- From the options list, choose ‘Set as default printer’ option.
Update Driver Of Your Printer
If the printer drivers are not up to date then you may get the Epson XP 400 not printing black issue. In order to update your printer drivers, there are two solutions. One is that you can go to the Epson’s official website and download the required driver for the printer. The other one you will get in the following steps.
- First, right-click on the ‘Start’ menu then from the options list, choose the ‘Device Manager’.
- Within the window ‘Device Manager’, locate and select the category ‘Print queue’ to expand it. Now, right-click on a driver and then from the options list choose ‘Update Driver’
- Now, wait for the update process to complete. After that process is complete, simply restart the computer.
Delete Every Print Jobs
If there are any corrupt files present within the print queue or if some file is stuck in the queue then you may face this error. To resolve this error the solution is to delete or clear any jobs within the print queue.
- First, press ‘Windows Logo + R’ keys together and open the ‘Run’ dialog box. Next, within the text area beside the label ‘Open’, type a command ‘services.msc’ and hit the ‘Enter’ key. This will launch the ‘Services’ window.
- In that window, locate a service ‘Print Spooler’ and double-click on it. After that, you will get the ‘Print Spooler Properties (Local Computer)’ window.
- Within that window, go to the section ‘Service status’ and under it, tap on the button ‘Stop’. Then hit ‘OK’ button.
- Now, open the ‘File Explorer’ window from the taskbar. Copy the address ‘%windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS’ and then paste it on the address bar of the file explorer. After that tap, the key ‘Enter’ to go to the place where the jobs of printing are placed.
- Remove every file from this folder. Then again go the ‘Services’ window again. There double-click on a service ‘Print Spooler’
- Choose the ‘Start’ button on the Properties window and then hit ‘OK’.
- Shut down your PC after you close all the windows. Even turn off the printer also. Then wait for a minute.
- At last, turn on every device and check if you can able to print a document or not.
To Get Help For Epson Printer Contact Epson Support
In order to rectify the Epson XP 400 not printing error follow the steps above. But, if you are not a tech-savvy person at all and do not like to work on your device then call the professionals of Epson Support. We will certainly help you out at any time. You can contact us via the Epson Support number [+1-844-828-5593 ].