Epson XP 640 is an all-in-one ink-jet printer from the popular brand of Epson. It can print up to 9 black and white pages per minute. When it comes to color print, it can print 4.5 pages per minute. This printer can also connect to a wireless network, as well.
Here we will be discussing the Epson XP-640 setup for the first print using Epson XP-640. You’ll learn all about the setup process from unwrapping the printer driver installation. Additionally, we have added Epson XP-640 wireless setup too.
Epson XP-640 Setup: For the First Time
When you have brought a new Epson XP-640, you need to know how to set up a printer for printing. You can’t print without following the proper steps to set up the printer.
Please follow the list of steps below to get it ready for the printing process.
- Take the printer out of the box and place it near your computer that you want to connect with. Remove all the stickers from the body of the printer. Make sure that you recycle all the unnecessary items that come with your Epson printer.
- Make sure that your new printer should stay away from dust and sunlight. Keep the printer on a firm setup or table. You should place the printer near the power source.
- Then put the power socket of your Epson printer to the nearest power source. Let it turn on.
- Once you have turned on the printer, the display screen will direct you to what you need to do next. Just follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open the cartridge door of the Epson printer. Take out the ink cartridge from the box and shake them well before placing them. Put the cartridge according to the instructions depicted on the display. Close the cartridge door.
- Next, come to the paper tray. You can’t print without putting the paper in the paper tray.
Well, you have almost completed the Epson XP-640 setup. Next, you have to install a driver compatible with the Epson XP-640. Then, you can connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable or any wireless connection or Wi-fi.
Epson XP-640 Setup: Driver Download
Now, when you have completed all the preliminary setup with your Epson model of printer, you need to install the necessary driver. You can’t print without the driver and software. Thus, go through the following section.
Windows users have to follow the steps below to install the right driver for Epson XP-640. You should download the latest version of drivers and software available for Epson XP-640.
- Visit the official website of the Epson printer.
- You have to look for the printer model you are using. Search by typing ‘Epson XP-640’ to find the related downloads on the website.
- You can find three different options available on the website. They are Drivers, Utilities, and Firmware. You have to click on the Driver option to download the compatible driver for Epson XP-640.
- Enter all the admin credentials to sign in. Expand the Start menu. Look for Device Manager and click on it.
- You have to choose the preferable device from the list of hardware available. Double-click on that hardware option. Proceed to the Driver tab. You have to choose the ‘Update printer driver for Epson XP-640’ option. Again, provide all the admin credentials to proceed. The system will check if there are any new updates.
- After the update completes, check if it is working seamlessly. If not, then you can update your Windows operating system once.
After you have downloaded the driver for the Epson printer, check whether you are now able to print something by using the printer.
After you have completed all the preliminary Epson XP-640 setup for the macOS device, it’s time to drive the drivers. You can use the provided CD with the printer or you can download the compatible driver from Apple’s software update for Epson XP-640. Follow the below instructions for the perfect setup via installing the drivers for Epson XP-640.
- Insert the CD into the drive and choose the option of macOS from the options.
- Adjust all the preliminary settings like language, date and time, etc. Then, select the ‘Epson easy photo print’ option. Make sure that the software should match with the type of devices.
- Double-click on the driver folder on the Mac device. Provide all the Administrator credentials to proceed further.
- Accept all the prompt messages and click on the Easy Install option at last.
- Reboot your device once the installation gets completed.
- Navigate the following path: Applications>Utilities>Folders>Print Center.
- Now, you can connect the printer to the Mac device using USB, wireless connection, etc.
You can run a print test now if you have successfully connected the printer to your computer. If you haven’t connected the printer to your computer, then please follow the next section. It illustrates how to connect the Epson printer to your computer wirelessly.
Epson XP-640 Wireless Setup:
Epson XP-640 is a small-in-one printer from the Epson brand. The amazing feature of this printer is that you connect this printer wirelessly to your computer or your Wi-fi network. Here, we have discussed the Epson XP-640 wireless setup by using some simple steps listed below.
- Hit the Home button on Epson XP-640.
- Navigate the following path on the display screen of your printer: Epson XP-640 Setup>Network settings>Wi-fi setup. Select the preferred network from the list of available networks under Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Provide the SSID and Password of the network to get access to the wireless network.
- In case if you can’t see the network you are looking for in the list, then choose the Other Network option.
- Enter the name of your network by using the displayed keypad. Hopefully, the network appears now. Repeat the same steps as depicted from steps 3 to 4.
Check if your printer is now connected to the Wi-fi setup which should be connected to your computer, as well. If you haven’t done so, check the process below.
- Open the Wi-fi Setup on the display screen of your Epson XP-640. Go to Wi-fi Direct Setup and then select Ok.
- Choose Yes and OK, by using the arrow keys. Provide a password for using the displayed keyboard.
- You have to highlight the keys and tap on Ok to proceed.
- Connect your printer to the Wi-fi connection as per your wish.
- Now, you have to connect your computer to the same Wi-fi connection. Choose the network from the Network option of your computer. Provide all the credentials to enter the wireless network.
Now, both your computer and the printer are now connected to the same wireless network. Run a print test now if your Epson XP-640 setup is completed.
Hopefully, the article might have helped you to setup this Epson model for the first time use. Please let us know if it needs any improvement. You can share your queries and thoughts by using the comments section below. We will try to help you with all the answers to your queries.