Call Us Now :
Epson is a Company that is well known for producing printer devices. Apart from printers this company also makes projectors, scanners, big home theatre projectors etc. The parent company of this organisation is the Seiko Group. There are many types of printing devices manufactured by this company, some of them are dot matrix, laser, inkjet printer. All these devices have some unique features which make them different from one another. Despite having so many different features and capabilities, you may encounter errors while using these devices. One such kind of error that you may get is the Epson the printer driver package cannot be installed. In the next section, we will discuss the reasons for this glitch.
Reasons Behind This Error
In this section, you will learn various reasons behind the occurrence of Epson the printer driver package cannot be installed error.
- If the printer driver is obsolete then there is a good chance that you will face this issue.
- Even, if the driver of the printer device got corrupted somehow then also you can get this issue.
- Due to a malicious file present in your system, you may get many problems when you are attempting to install the driver of the printer.
- If the spooler service stops due to some reason then also you might get this issue.
Now, in the next section, you will the get the solution to solve this error.
Steps To Solve Epson The Printer Driver Package Cannot Be Installed Error
This section will provide you with the various solution steps to rectify this issue easily.
Use By Default Windows Installer To Install Printer
- First, hit the combination of ‘Windows Logo + S’ keys to open the search section. Now, within that search text area type Printer. From the search result choose the first option ‘Printer & Scanners’.
- After that, the ‘Settings’ window will open with the heading ‘Printers & Scanners. In that page, tap on the option ‘Add a printer or scanner’. This will popup the by default Device Installer for Windows.
- This installer will automatically look for the printer device which is connected to your machine and install the driver for that device.
If after doing this you are still getting this error then go to the next step.
Execution Of Printer Troubleshooter
To correct any problems related to the printer device, you can run the Windows Troubleshooter. So, for this error also you can attempt to use the default troubleshooter for your printer device.
- Hit the combination of ‘Windows Logo + R’ simultaneously to launch the ‘Run’ dialog box. Noe, the ‘Run’ dialog box type control panel and tap on the button ‘OK’.
- In the ‘Control Panel’ window, locate the search box that is present at the upper edge of the window. Within that search box type Troubleshoot.
- Now, from the output of that search, choose the option ‘Troubleshooting’. From the left panel within the new window, choose the link ‘View all’. This will display all the troubleshooters present within Windows.
- Look through the list and click on the option ‘Printer.’ In the new window that comes up first choose a link ‘Run as administrator’ and then put a tick mark on an option ‘Apply repairs automatically.’ To start the process of troubleshooting tap on the button ‘Next’
- Wait for the process to complete. After this process is over inspect if the printer device is working or not.
If you cannot do this by yourself, then take help from technicians.
Update Drivers of Your Printer Device
Sometimes if you update the driver of your printer device to its latest version then it may solve this issue. To do it, you will have to get a specific driver from the website of the manufacturer of your printer device.
- First, hit the ‘Windows Logo + R’ keys altogether simultaneously to launch the ‘Run’ dialog box. In that dialog box, type the command ‘devmgmt,msc’ and then tap on ‘OK’ button. This will display the ‘Device Manager’ window.
- In the ‘Device Manager’ window, locate and select ‘Print queues’ category to expand it. Now, in the list, right-click on every driver and then from the options list choose the ‘Update driver’
- In the new window that opens up, choose the first option that says ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’. This will help you to get a required driver quite easily for the printer. Wait for the troubleshooter application to update the driver.
- Finally, when the update is over, simply reboot your system.
Uninstall Your Printer Device
If you uninstall the printer device from the computer and then reinstall it from scratch then you will get rid of this issue. When you uninstall a driver then all the information relating to that very hardware gets deleted. So, when you reinstall that driver, then it loads into your system as a new device.
- First, right-click on the ‘Windows Logo’ present on the taskbar. Next, from the list of options choose the ‘Run’ option. This will display the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Inside that dialog box type in a command ‘devmgmt.msc’ and tap on the ‘Enter’ to execute it. So that, the ‘Device Manager’ window shows up.
- Again, go to the ‘Print Queues’ option and click to expand it. Then, select each of the driver and right-click on it. From a list of options choose the option of ‘Uninstall device’
- When the driver gets uninstalled, go to the third point on this solution and follow the steps one after another to install the printer driver.
Call The Epson Support To Get Help Instantly
If you could not rectify the printer driver package cannot be installed windows 10 error by following the steps then do not worry. To correct this error all you have to do is to Call +1-855-971-2203 the professionals of Epson Support and they will solve any problems with your Epson printer very quickly.